If you sell your car to an individual make sure, in addition to filling out a change of owner form, you send a letter to the DMV giving them all of the info about your car, sign it, and give the date the car was sold and to who. Then follow up a few weeks later to make sure the title is still not in your name. If you don't do this, the title could be in your name still and anything that car does falls back on you. So, in my case I sold my Honda in June and just got a letter from a collections agency saying I owed $600 to a towing company. Why? Because my Honda had been abandoned and my name was still on the title. Seiously, don't let this happend to you!!!
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LAME!!!!!!
oh no! I just found this out and there are about 5 cars out there we have sold and didn't follow up...I guess I will worry about it if something comes up. Cute pictures of your boys by the way!
Post a Comment